What is ICICIdirect.com?
ICICIdirect.com is a brand under ICICI Securities Ltd. that offers online share trading facility for trading in Indian equity markets. It is a 3-in-1 account, connecting all the accounts i.e. bank, broking and demat (essential for investing in Indian markets) to each other. Thereby, it enables seamless and hassle free settlement for its clients.
ICICIdirect was launched in January 2000 and started its operations in April 2000. Our NRI customer base is spread across 150+ countries
What is a ICICIdirect 3-in-1 account?
The 3-in-1 online trading account gives you the convenience of opening a online trading, demat & bank account. You can view live share price, do share trading on NSE and BSE, trade in Futures & Options, invest in Mutual Funds and IPOs through our seamless and secure 3-in-1 online trading account.
What are the types of 3-in-1 accounts NRIs can have?
3-in-1 account is a combination of a bank – demat – trading account all linked together for a seamless and paperless investment experience
There are up to 4 types of 3-in-1 accounts NRIs can have to seamlessly investing across all asset classes namely
- NRO PINS – For investing domestic source of income in Indian secondary market
- NRE PINS - For investing foreign source of income in Indian secondary market
- NRO NON PINS - For investing Indian source of income in Indian primary market and additionally trading in FnO
- NRE NON PINS - For investing foreign source of income in Indian primary market
What are the benefits of NRI account with ICICIdirect?
- ICICIdirect is trusted by more than 4.5 million customers in India and across the globe for its seamless investment platform, range of product offerings and 3-1 integration for paperless investments
- With ICICIdirect NRI account the Bank, Demat and Trading account will be integrated for seamless and paperless investment in Stocks, ETFs, IPOs and OFS at a click without any paperwork from anywhere in the world
- Single login access to NRE/NRO and to access PIS /NON PIS investments.
- Complete automation of PIS account for timely reporting of PIS transactions to RBI
- Automated TDS settlement with the pay-out being directly credited to NRO/NRE bank account post deduction of applicable TDS
- Setting off short term losses against any future short term profits during the financial year which helps in minimizing the tax outflow and avoiding the need to claim excess tax later from Income tax department
- Hassle free credit of money into the linked bank accounts with seamless repatriation process for NRE bank accounts
- All inclusive pricing which includes brokerage, repatriation cost, TDS settlement charges, PIS reporting charges and DP sell charges
- Innovative order types like Valid till Cancelled with 45 days validity to beat the time difference with respect to India, SIP orders in equity to auto invest in Equity at desirable intervals
What are the documents required to open NRI 3-in-1 account?
- Valid passport
- Valid Visa
- Overseas address proof
- OCI card (required in case of foreign passport with “Place of Birth” as foreign country)